Followers

Friday 8 April 2011

Its funny isn't it

Isn't it funny how the strangest things are triggers for your memories?  I was wandering around blog world and looking in on various blogs when I made a regular visit to http://aloadofoldpickle.blogspot.com/ another docraft forum member and was looking at the card she had made.  Her comments on a family dog made me remember our dog Sally.  Sally died many, many moons ago but I remembered a picture I have of me, my sister and her sitting on the doorstep.  I dug that picture out and was laughing at the very children of the 70's my sister and I look like.  That in turn reminded me of the stamp and I dug it out to use for the first time today on a card for one the challenges that I take part in on the Docrafts forum.  It's a Lili of the Valley stamp (surprise, surprise!) and the first time I've used it.  I brought it ages ago as I thought it was just so cute but then so are many others and this one just got left.  It shouldn't have really!  So here we go, here is the card I made.

I'm having real fun practising with the Prismacolor pencils I got recently, they give a very different look to the card than my Promarkers which I have pretty much been colouring solidly with for the last 18mths.  The paper is from a Basic Grey pad, the ribbon and trim are Papermania.  Sentiment is Craftwork cards and I made the big flower the other two are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Anyway, that was just my ramblings for today.  Hope everyone else had the glorious weather that we did and you are all having a good week.

Sarah

PS, If I get enough requests I might even post up the pic!
PPS, I'm wondering about trying out for a Design Team, I don't know tho.  I am so new to this blogging lark, would I be able to cope?  Will ponder some more!

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the soft effect you got with the pencils and the pretty papers. I love trawling through the old photos and the seventies is my childhood decade too!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Vx

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, i just love that image, and the flower you made is beautiful

Kate xxx

Wishcraft said...

Super sweet card Sarah! Love the pretty papers and lovely image, and that big flower is GORGEOUS :o) Lisa x

Julie C. said...

Show me, show me I want to see the pic!! ^_^ Not tried Prismacolor pencils before but love the way it turns out. Also love that big flower you made, very pretty!