Followers

Sunday 4 August 2013

and up ....

Hello blogworld,

Here I am with my weekly build update.

As I said in the previous post - a couple of hiccups along the way, but mostly things are going very well.

Here are the photos from this week....

Start of the week:

 Middle:


Friday:

That pesky window and its lintel that the building regs man didn't like. 
Problem is that I want a big window as this is going to be my kitchen, I want a good view looking over the garden so I asked for the two windows to be knocked into one.  It appears that a concrete lintel just doesn't cut it - we should've had a steel instead.  The building man says he told our previous builder who didn't pass that info on and ordered the wrong lintel.

Hopefully the problem is solved as this builder says when all is finished he will take out the row of blocks above the concrete lintel and put in the steel one instead.  I still get my big window and the building regs man is pleased.

I'll be back again next Sunday with my next update.  On the craft side I've almost coloured one image and so I might even have a card to show you all.

Hope everyone else is having a good week,

Sarah

PS - I just wanted to say a huge congrats to my friend Susan who I've just seen has made the DT over at The Sugar Bowl.  Well deserved and I know she'll love being a Sweetie - as long as they don't make her use too much pink!!!

5 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah so glad your building work is coming along, look forward to seeing next weeks photos. Love Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Looking good Sarah!
Helen x

coops said...

wow its certainly coming on fast now sarah.can`t wait to see the next installment :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

I can't believe it's a week since the last update..... where is my life going to?? LOL!

Looks like it's going well.... and having been married to a structural engineer for a lot of years, I could have told you that you needed a steel lintel for a big window!! LOL

Hugs
Christine x

catherine said...

Now hiccups can be sorted out Sarah - at least we have building work going on!! it will be fabulous when finished I am sure.
Hope Emily is enjoying the holidays
x catherine